Yeshwant Mahavidyalaya, Near APMC, Seloo, MH 442104
10 AM to 5 PM
Dr. Rashmi Bakane (Librarian)
Our library has fairy large collection not only of books (both text and reference books on a wide variety of subjects) but also of charts, maps, etc. The total number of books, Journals and periodicals/magazines are 17998 and 30 respectively.
• In the reading room newspapers, magazines (weekly, fortnightly and monthly) in Marathi, Hindi and English and subject related journals are kept for the students.
• The college has computerized library with OPAC system, Internet connectivity, N-LIST, a well developed infrastructure and efficient office staff.
• To avail oneself of the library facility, every student will have to get library card. While a junior/senior college student can take home two books at a time from the college library.
• All the students must return their library books within ten days from the date of issue of these books failing which they will be fined one rupee a day. In case the books are lost by anyone, the student will have to pay not only the price of the book but also the fine imposed thereon by the library authorizes. Students should take out and return library books only during scheduled hours on scheduled days.
• Besides, the library has made some special arrangements where by some economically backward and promising students can take out a number of books from the college BOOK BANK after paying caution money.
“Late Shri. Bapuraoji Deshmukh Auditorium Hall” is well-equipped with state of the art audio visual system and stage lighting arrangement. It is spacious with a seating capacity of 200 students.
It is the center for various extra-curricular, cultural and educational activities like seminar talks, debates, plays, movie-screenings and departmental festivals. For many students auditorium provides the stage where they overcome their stage-fright and learn to give the first performances of their college life.
N.S.S. organizes many student- oriented and community- oriented activities. It aims to take students into the community and make them aware of social commitment and value of labour. N.S.S. organizes a seven day special camp in a village from the catchment area of the college. It organizes cleanliness drives, plantation drives, cycle rallies for social issues like addiction, pollution, female feticide, etc. It arranges essay writing competitions on several burning issues. Poster exhibitions are also organized by this committee. It plays a very significant role in the personality development of the students. The committee imbues in the students the value of labour and social commitment through blood donation camps. Prof. Anant A. Rindhe is the coordinator of N.S.S.
Dr. Archana S. Dahane (Director of Physical Education and Sports)
The college expects its students to excel in at least one game by making the best possible use of the adequate sports facilities provided in the institution. In this direction, to organize and conduct various activities, Sports and Games Committee is formed with the following objectives:
1. To help students to achieve a health-enhancing life of physical activity.
2. To help students to understand and respect individual differences among people in physical settings.
3. To provide for a safe physical environment.
4. To provide students with a variety of activities that will enhance life – long learning and participation.
5. To develop superior individual / team skills and prowess.
In order to provide job opportunities and information about placement for the students at a rural place like Seloo, the college has started career and counselling cell. Career Guidance and Counselling Cell aim at to guide and direct students to set their career goals and stimulate them to exercise their consistent endeavours to accomplish their career objectives.
Keeping in view the competence, interests, and acquired knowledge of the students, it channels the young trainees to fetch lucrative specialized career. Various sessions are conducted to evaluate the students on the basis of their professional as well as interpersonal skills. Committee helps them to explore new knowledge and inculcate recent company attitudes among them as per the requirements of the global competitive world. Dr. Sandip Kale is the coordinator of the cell.
The cell considers the grievances, if any, impartially and objectively. It makes the suggestion to the concerned [a student, a faculty or a member of non-teaching staff] if necessary. The college has a suggestion box through which suggestions or grievances are obtained and the box is opened every Saturday. Otherwise grievances can be made to the principal orally or orthographically.
The Cultural Committee of the college is constituted under the chairmanship of principal to promote and arrange extra-curricular activities to bring out the talents of students in the performing arts. In addition, to the academic progress of the students; College has cultural committee with male and female members of staff. College Cultural committee worked more and more students participation in cultural activities and get practiced in Solo/Group Dances , Solo /group Singing, Drama, Rangoli ,Flower Decoration, Salad Decoration, Mehandi competition , Hair style competition, Sari wearing ,Quiz, Debate ,Essay competition around the year .
The study centre of YCMOU plays a significant role by giving opportunity to continue the education to the students who are deprived from the Mainstream of education or who are interested to continue education after a long gap or any student of 18 to 86 years of age.
The degrees obtained from YCMOU can be considered as equivalent to the degrees of other state universities for the purpose of employment and promotion in institutes of State of Maharashtra and all other government approved government, semi-government, private institutes and various boards. It has been already declared that the graduates of YCMOU are held eligible for the examinations conducted by MPSC and UPSC.
It offers the following courses.
I. Preparatory Course – Anyone attaining the age of eighteen (even if he or she is without any prior exposure to education) is eligible for admission to this course of three months duration. On the successful completion of this academic programme, a student can seek admission to the first year in B. A. or B. Com.
II. B. A. or B. Com Courses – The following categories of students are eligible for admission to the B. A. / B. Com courses of YCMOU.
i. Students who have completed the preparatory course of YCMOU.
ii. Students who passed the SSC examination before 1975.
iii. Students who have passed the 12th class examination.
iv. Students who have passed any recognized course of two years duration after 10th std.
Note – Student who have completed first year at other university or any diploma after 12th std. can seek direct admission to the 2nd year of B.A. or B. Com.